What is your return policy?
All Sales are Final and items are sold in ‘As-Is’ condition. Please measure and examine your items carefully before purchasing. We are selling items on behalf of another party, therefore, we do not accept returns.
Will you hold an item for me?
You may hold an item until the end of the day. Please call the store 636-220-9092 or contact us on Facebook to hold.
Is there a discount for buying multiple items?
Other furniture stores build in extra profit margin in their prices so they can offer you discounts to pressure you into buying additional pieces. That is not our style at Encore. Everything is already priced at its lowest acceptable price, so you know you are getting a great deal whether you are buying one piece, or an entire houseful.
Can I get a discount if I pay in cash?
We do not offer additional discounts for cash purchases.
Do you offer delivery? How much does it cost?
Yes. We highly recommend that you use a professional mover to safely deliver your furniture to your home. We are happy to help you make arrangements for delivery with a professional, bonded and insured moving company.
Rates are based on the size, scale and location of the move and the number of guys needed for the job. Please contact…
If I pick-up, will you help load my items?
If you choose to move items on your own, please be advised that due to our insurance restrictions, our team members are not permitted to load items into your vehicle. We can provide rolling carts and sliders for you to use in transporting your items from the sales floor to your vehicle.
Safety is very important us and we recommend that you always bring adequate help with you. In addition, remember to bring your own blankets, packing material, rope, or tie downs as we do not provide these items.
We are always happy to help you make arrangements for delivery by a professional, bonded and insured moving company.
If I buy something, can I pick it up later? How long do I have?
Due to our limited storage area, we ask that you make arrangements to pick up your items as soon as possible. Items that are not picked up within 5 days will be charged $5 per day per item; furniture that is not picked up is subject to higher storage charges. Please note that items will remain on the showroom floor until they are picked up and Encore will not be responsible for any damage that may occur between the time the item is purchased and when it is picked up. Reminder that All Sales are Final.
We are always happy to help you make arrangements for delivery and/or storage by a professional, bonded and insured moving company.
Are the prices negotiable or will you contact me when the price is reduced?
Our prices are reduced by 10% every 30 days. All prices and dates on the tags are firm and we are under contract with our consignors. Out of fairness to all customers, we do not negotiate or contact the consignor with offers.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, personal checks from familiar customers (with proper id), all credit cards. We also have gift cards available.
Frequently Asked Consignment Questions
What is Consignment?
Consignment is the process by which we sell your furniture in our location, while you still maintain ownership of the goods. “Consignment” simply means “we sell it on your behalf”.
Consignment furniture doesn’t mean it is heavily used and it doesn’t mean it’s old. Many of the items at Encore are nearly new and can still be found in retail stores. Encore only accepts the best quality furniture with styles that appeal to a large number of customers. We do not accept junk!
Why should I consider Consignment?
Are you downsizing, relocating or redecorating? Do you have wonderful things in your home that you no longer utilize or that fit into your home’s current design scheme? Encore is the perfect place to showcase your items for others to purchase and enjoy. We will stage, advertise and market your items in our exciting showroom in order to give maximum visibility to a large number of buyers and ensure a quick and profitable sale of your goods.
Consignment with Encore is Simple…Safe…Smart…Sensible…!
What do you accept on consignment? What is the criteria?
- Original / Framed / Decorator / Canvas
- Metal and iron wall hangings
- Home Décor
- Decorative accessories
- Decorator Rugs (4 x 6 or larger)
- Holiday (Seasonal)
- Small accent furniture
- This is a sample list, call for more information
- Bedroom furniture
- Beds, daybeds, bunk/loft bed, dressers, nightstands, wardrobes
- Living Room furniture
- Sofa, loveseat, sectional chaise lounge, recliner, tables, chairs, ottomans
- Dining Room furniture
- Table and chairs, server/sideboard, china cabinets, pub table
- Home Office
- Desks, credenza, decorative file cabinets
- Accent Furniture
- Barstools, decorative chest, curio cabinet, bookcase, baker’s rack
- Outdoor Furniture (Seasonal)
- Upholstered furniture
- Age: 5 years or younger preferred. Mature pieces will be considered and accepted based on brand, style, color and condition.
Encore accepts quality furniture in nearly-new condition (an 8 to 10 on a 10-point scale). Merchandise must be clean and ready to be presented for resale. The better it looks, the better it sells!
- Upholstered and Leather Furniture
- Should be vacuumed on top of and under cushions
- Free of rips, stains, tears, worn upholstery
- Free from discoloration from sunlight or inconsistency of fabric
- Smoke free/ Odor free/ Free of pet hair
- Cushions should have little to no indication of sagging or lack of shape.
- Stable construction
- Hard Goods (Tables, Bookcases, Bedroom furniture, etc…)
- Dust and cob web free.
- Free of watermarks and discoloration.
- Free of major scratches, chips or other noticeable flaws.
- No broken or missing hardware pieces. Drawers and doors must operate properly.
- Hardware for items that are not pre-assembled must be in a plastic sealed bag and labeled appropriately.
- Legs and frame must be sturdy
* There will be a quality inspection of your pieces upon arrival at the store prior to final acceptance for consignment. We reserve the right to decline any items that do not meet our quality standards. A cleaning fee of $25 may be charged if an item requires excessive dusting or cleaning prior to displaying.
Are there items that you DO NOT accept on consignment?
We Do Not Accept:
- Exercise equipment
- Lacquer furniture
- Lamps without shades or with yellowed/damaged shades
- Particle board furniture
- Unframed art, faded prints, art with dated matting or framing
- Victorian style seating
- Items with missing or broken hardware
- Items in need of repair, cleaning, refinishing or re-upholstery
- Furniture with water stains or noticeable scratches on the primary surfaces