Consign At Encore
Re-selling furniture and home décor items on your own can be challenging and time consuming.
Avoid the work of posting, pricing, phone calls, emails, inviting strangers into your home, and often, no-shows! We have Solutions that provide consignors safe, convenient, no hassle alternatives.
Encore is always looking for quality, upscale and gently used consignment items. We would love the opportunity to sell your furniture and home décor items to someone who will enjoy them as much as you have. As we like to say “Home décor worthy of a repeat performance.”
What We Offer
- By consigning with Encore, you are placing your quality furniture and home décor items in front of eager shoppers. Encore showrooms are high in traffic, centrally located shopping areas. We advertise and use various forms of media outlets to stay on top of mind with shoppers.
- Encore has a state-of-the-art consignment system to ensure complete care, tracking and control of your furniture and home décor items. Contact the showroom at any time to receive an update of what’s sold, items that remain and account balances due you!
- Our contract is 90 days. We offer 48% of the final selling price on all furniture items and 40% on accessories and home décor sold during the initial contract period and prepare checks on a monthly basis (10th of each month) for in-store pickup.
- At 90 days, you may pick up any unsold items, we can take one more markdown, or we can donate. We can coordinate easy disposal of unsold items to local charities, if you do not want to retrieve them. Review our Consignment Agreement for further details.
- For frequently asked questions, click here.
How Consignment Works
- Home Furnishings –Email images and descriptions of your items to email@example.com and include any details you may have. We review emails daily and will respond and let you know what we are able to sell. We determine a mutually agreeable price by considering A, B, C, D, E – Age, Brand, Condition and most importantly, we consider the current Demand and our Experience with like items. We then stage your items on our showroom floor for sale. Quantity can sometimes necessitate a home visit.
- Accessories and Home Décor –Contact the location of your choice to set an appointment to bring your items to the showroom. No picture reviews required, though we do turn away items at the door that we know have a history of not selling. We can review up-to 20 items per visit. At that point, we will evaluate and discuss pricing.
- Home Visits –Should you have a large amount of furniture and home décor you wish to consign such as multiple rooms; home visits are often a viable option and will be scheduled. Email images and within the body of the message, let us know a home visit may be warranted as additional items and/or rooms are not shown.
Acceptance Guidelines for Condition of Items
Encore accepts quality furniture in nearly-new condition (an 8 to 10 on a 10-point scale). Merchandise must be clean and ready to be presented for resale. The better it looks, the better it sells!
Upholstered and Leather Furniture
- Should be vacuumed on top of and under cushions
- Free of rips, stains, tears, worn upholstery
- Free from discoloration from sunlight or inconsistency of fabric
- Smoke free/ Odor free/ Free of pet hair
- Cushions should have little to no indication of sagging or lack of shape.
- Stable construction
Hard Goods (Tables, Bookcases, Bedroom furniture, etc.…
- Dust and cobweb free
- Free of watermarks and discoloration
- Free of major scratches, chips or other noticeable flaws
- No broken or missing hardware pieces. Drawers and doors must operate properly
- Hardware for items that are not pre-assembled must be in a plastic sealed bag and labeled appropriately
- Legs and frame must be sturdy
What We Accept
- Original / Framed / Decorator / Canvas
- Metal and iron wall hangings
- Home Décor
- Decorative accessories
- Decorator Rugs (4 x 6 or larger)
- Holiday (Seasonal)
- Small accent furniture
(This is a sample list for Home Décor, call for more information)
- Bedroom furniture
- Beds, daybeds, bunk/loft bed, dressers, nightstands
- Living Room furniture
- Sofa, loveseat, sectional chaise lounge, recliner, tables, chairs, ottomans
- Dining Room furniture
- Table and chairs, server/sideboard, china cabinets, pub table
- Home Office
- Desks, credenza, decorative file cabinets
- Accent Furniture
- Barstools, decorative chest, curio cabinet, bookcase, baker’s rack
- Outdoor Furniture (Seasonal)
- Upholstered furniture
- Age: 5 years or newer preferred. Older pieces will be considered and accepted based on brand, style, condition, demand.
We Do Not Accept:
- Most Antiques
- Lamps without shades or with yellowed/damaged shades
- Most Victorian, French Provincial Decor
- Early American or Queen Anne Décor
- Most Oak Wood items
- Armoires, Wardrobes
- Full Wall Units/ Bookshelves
- Entertainment Centers
- Kitchen Items, Dinnerware, Bowls, Kitchen Decor
- China, Crystal and Silver-plated items
- Appliances, Electronics
- Exercise equipment
- Lacquer furniture
- Particle board furniture
- Mattresses, Bedding, Draperies
- Unframed art, faded prints, art with dated matting or framing
Brands We Accept
- Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams
- Hancock & Moore
- Crate & Barrel
- Hickory Chair
- Restoration Hardware
- West Elm
- Drexel Heritage
- Marge Carson
- Ethan Allen
- Jonathon David
- Pottery Barn
- Maitland Smith
- Pennsylvania House
- Tommy Bahama Jonathon Charles
- Ballard Designs
- John Widdecomb
- Williams Sonoma
- Ralph Lauren
- Jeanne Reed
- Fitz & Floyd
- Villeroy & Boch
- Dept 56
- Mark Roberts